Would you do whatever it takes to prevent a house fire? Wouldn’t you like extra money in your wallet each month? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then the experts at Atlantic Duct Cleaning have the solution for you—dryer vent cleaning. With a professional dryer vent cleaning, you will reduce the risk of fire from lint build-up in the vents and increase energy efficiency, resulting in lower electric bills.
If you’re in the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. area and you dryer isn’t performing at maximum efficiency, schedule a dryer vent cleaning or call us at 703-774-9241.
Benefits of a Dryer Vent Cleaning
Atlantic Duct Cleaning’s professional residential dryer vent cleaning will help:
- Improve air quality. A clean and properly installed dryer vent is critical to ensuring that water is fully eliminated from the clothes and expelled outdoors during the drying cycle. If your dryer vent has a lot of build-up, moisture can condense into pools of water in the dryer vent, resulting in conditions where mold and mildew grow. A professional dryer vent cleaning makes the air in your home is healthy to breathe.
- Prevent fires. Dryer fires can occur when lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct. Lint blocks the flow of air, causing excessive heat build-up, and can result in a fire. As a preventative measure, clean the dryer vent and exhaust duct on a regular basis.
- Increase efficiency. By eliminating the build-up in the vent, your dryer won’t have to work as hard. Increasing your dryer’s efficiency will use less energy while operating (saving you money!).
- Extend dryer life. Similarly, a dryer vent line that is clogged with lint will cause your dryer to work harder, resulting in a shorter life span. A properly maintained dryer vent helps to achieve maximum performance and can extend the life of your dryer.
Warning Signs of Dryer Build-Up
If you notice any of these issues, a bigger problem might need to be addressed. Keep an eye out for the following:
- Clothes (especially heavier materials such as towels or jeans) are still damp after a drying cycle
- Dryer and/or clothes are abnormally hot to the touch
- Dryer is shutting off before the cycles is finished
- And more
Call Atlantic Duct Cleaning immediately if you are experiencing any of these warning signs to prevent the consequences of an uncleaned dryer vent.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning in Northern Virginia
Although dryer vent cleaning is often overlooked, it is a necessary process to ensure safety in your home. Atlantic Duct Cleaning recommends having a professional technician come to your home periodically to clean out the lint build-up in the vent. From offering specific appointment times, using a safe (HEPA) and certified (NADCA) cleaning process, and offering a 100% guarantee, to giving you the peace of mind in working with a trustworthy company that is licensed and bonded, Atlantic Duct Cleaning is delivering on our promise of excellence. For additional questions about dryer vent cleaning in the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. area, check out our FAQ or contact one of the professionals at Atlantic Duct Cleaning at 703-774-9241 to schedule an appointment.