Home isn’t just where the heart is, your respiratory system lives there too. The place you rest your head each night, should be your safe haven, but when you consider the fact that indoor air typically contains far more pollutants than outdoor air, it seems a little less safe.
The most common causes of poor indoor air quality include inadequate humidity levels, lack of fresh air exchange, and the presence of volatile organic compounds (VOC’s). One of the greatest sources, however, is improper maintenance of your HVAC system, responsible for the continual cycling of air throughout your home. Your duct network is the delivery system for your indoor air, and whatever particles or debris lurk within them, can make their way in to the air you breathe. Residential duct cleaning is your first line of defense against indoor air pollutants—read on to learn more about the many benefits of this valuable service.
A Sign Of The Times
Why clean what you can’t see? Look a little closer—debris, dirt, mold, and/or rodent droppings may be visible if you remove your supply vent covers. Conversely, remove return air covers to see what’s lurking behind the scenes. Next, check your furnace or A/C filter. A dirty filter means one of two things:
- The air passing through your ducts is contaminated, as a clogged air filter is unable to trap particulate, forcing it to go around the filter, and circulate throughout your living space.
- There is a sufficient accumulation of particulate in your duct network, to warrant a cleaning.
And finally, pay close attention to how quickly dust accumulates on the surfaces in your home; increased production is a sign your ducts need cleaning.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Take a look at the many benefits of hiring a residential duct cleaning service for your home:
- Increased efficiency. The accumulation of dirt, dust or debris, on any or all of your HVAC components, forces it to work harder to deliver conditioned air to your living space. In addition, you can expect a lowered efficiency rating of between 15 and 30 percent, which will only continue to get worse.
- Fewer repairs. Even the smallest particulate can wreak havoc on your system’s many parts, causing unnecessary friction and wear and tear. Regular duct cleaning will help keep parts clean, leading to fewer repairs and increased longevity.
- Allergy relief. Eliminate, or significantly reduce a number of airborne triggers such as pollen, pet dander, dust, and mold spores, from your indoor air, with a professional duct cleaning.
- Lower energy bills. Dirt, dust and debris from dirty ducts can clog your air filter, reducing the flow of air, forcing your HVAC system to work harder, and using more energy in the process.
- Less frequent cleaning. Spend less time cleaning your home, and more time enjoying it, with reduced levels of dust.
- Improved air quality. It may surprise you to know that in the average six room home, up to 40 pounds of dust per year, is generated through normal, everyday activities. Dust is made up of particles from almost everything in your home, including dead skin cells, pet dander, dirt, paper, textiles…you get the idea. An overabundance of dust can lead to health issues, including coughing, sneezing, asthma attacks, itchy eyes, and more, and while it’s impossible to eliminate the production of dust, you can significantly reduce the amount contained in your indoor air, with regular duct cleaning.
Residential Duct Cleaning Services in VA, MD & DC
If you or your family members are suffering from allergies or asthma, it might be time to contact Atlantic Duct Cleaning for air duct cleaning! Don’t continue to breathe in the millions of germ-carrying dust and mold particles that have been hiding in your air ducts. The professionals at Atlantic Duct Cleaning are here to help.
If you’re tired of breathing contaminated air, give the experts at Atlantic Duct Cleaning a call at (703) 774-9241 or schedule an appointment online.