Providing Black Mold Removal from Ducts in Maryland, Virginia & Washington DC
Just because you can’t see black mold doesn’t mean it’s not present in your home. Because mold thrives in dark, damp places, black mold can begin to grow within your ductwork undetected. If not removed quickly and carefully, this fast growing fungus has the potential to take over your entire ductwork system.
So how harmful is black mold? Not only can black mold present serious health hazards, it can contaminate your ductwork and eventually break down the structure of your property. When mold levels begin to increase, those who are more sensitive to the fungus will experience greater effects. If left untreated, black mold can present complications with both the respiratory and nervous system.
Black Mold Symptoms
If ingested or inhaled, black mold spores can cause a variety of unpleasant and dangerous symptoms for everyone in the home. Some symptoms of black mold exposure include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic coughing and sneezing
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, or throat
- Reoccurring headaches
If you are exposed to black mold for a longer period of time, health risks can be more dangerous. Black mold poisoning can produce symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and suspect mold growth in your home, call our team right away to have your ductwork inspected. You can rely on the professionals at Atlantic Duct Cleaning for prompt and careful black mold removal.
Learn more about the dangers of mold growth from the Global Healing Center.
Preventing Black Mold Growth in Ductwork
Once the mold has been properly removed, you will want to prevent a future infestation. First, you should try to identify what caused the mold to grow the first time. High levels of moisture, warm temperatures, and limited lighting are factors that will make it easy for mold to or mildew to spread. To prevent black mold from growing in your Maryland, Virginia, or DC home, we recommend you:
- Reduce humidity levels. Elevated humidity levels will increase your risk of black mold expose. Use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from the air or speak with your local HVAC dealer to find a less humid heating and cooling system for your home.
- Prevent water leaks. Inspect all moisture-creating sources to be sure they are directed and vented outside your home or building. Remember, mold can grow in a little as 24 hours, so it’s important to identify and stop leaks quickly.
- Schedule annual ductwork service. Regular maintenance will help you prevent future mold growth and increase energy efficiency. Schedule your duct sealing service today and we will send out our qualified professionals to inspect air flow and seal all ducts.
Duct Cleaning Services for Black Mold Removal in the DMV Area
Atlantic Duct Cleaning offers reliable mold removal and air purification throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC. By utilizing high quality equipment and promoting the highest levels of training and quality standards, Atlantic Duct Cleaning has delivered over 100,000 successful projects in the greater DC area. Your family deserves to relax in a comfortable home, and Atlantic Duct Cleaning can make that happen!